‘Fun A Day Creatives’
It’s the home of Fun A Day ‘all year round’ once our January project is over!
We provide support, share skills, post prompts and have weekly ‘showcasing’ for our community.
Our community is made up of FADD participants, locals, and followers from across the globe.
FADDCreatives started out in March/April 2020. The lock down was in full swing, there was unrest, difficulties, and a new issue facing everyone. We wanted to reach out to our community and do something. As participants are so active on Instagram, we created a new Instagram account so that we could share our communities posts on our own feed. This allowed us to give the FADDCreatives feed entirely up to anyone and everyone looking for a bit of support and creative inspiration with no pressure or restrictions for who and what qualifies.
Our first success was creating a long rainbow down our feed. We asked participants to post images of colours on certain days using the #faddcreatives which worked beautifully. It was a fun and cheery way to connect together and share the support.
Following this, we created weekly prompts that can spark ideas for ongoing projects, or new ones. They may even inspire you to pull up an old photo that relates to the prompt and share it for fun!
We change between ‘Free Sharing’ and ‘Prompts’ each week to repost a variety of work by a whole network of people. Posts shared can be about creative work, projects, photos, or for anything going on in your life! Anyone can share/take part, just follow us and use #faddcreatives in your posts to connect.
Below we have collection of our prompts if you wish to dive in for inspiration!
What people like about Fun A Day Creatives:
- “That I’m surrounded by artists who have a real passion for what they’re doing.”
– Gavin Cameron
- “[I enjoy the] weekly prompts which can conjure ideas you wouldn’t have thought of.”
- “[FADDCreatives] kept the sense of community going past January and really brightened up lockdown!” – April Black
- “[I enjoy the] community, inspiration and motivation.” – Bridget Lesan
- “[I enjoy ] the collective happy vibe and the daily activities and always the positive comments and content.” – Clare Stansfield
- “[I enjoy] the prompts. Either encourages new work or makes me think about what I’ve already made and think about Re-sharing it” – WhimSicAL LusH
- “[I like] keeping in contact with people and seeing what they create using the prompts.”
- ” [I enjoy] getting the nudge to think outside the mundane…” – Jane Prior